This is the continuation of “what to do during earthquake” a notice from my daughter’s school posted in a bulletin board. You might want to know the first thing to do during the quake if outdoors here and here if indoors.
If in a moving vehicle:
- Stop as quickly as safety permits and stay in the vehicle. Avoid stopping near or under buildings, trees, overpasses, and utility wires.
- Proceed cautiously once the earthquake has stopped. Avoid roads, bridges or ramps that might had been damaged by the earthquake.
If trapped under debris:
- Do not light a match
- Do not move about or kick up a dust
- Cover your mouth with handkerchief or clothing.
- Tap on a pipe or wall so rescuers can locate you. Use a whistle if one is available. Shout only as a last resort. Shouting can cause you to inhale dangerous amounts of dust.