Snowboarding For My Kids

My husband tells me that when he parks are work, a lot of the cars have various kinds of racks on them.  I asked him what they were for.  He said that since it is turning winter soon, that some cars have ski and wakeboard storage racks on them already.  I have limited exposure to skiing and ski boarding, but it looks like fun.  It looks like something I would like to try.  My husband tell me about going tubing when he was a kid, but that snowboarding is exiting.

When I watch the professionals compete in snowboarding on television I am amazed at the tricks they can do.  It is really fun to watch.  I always hope they do a perfect 360 or 720 and land safely, but of course the crowd will roar just as much when they crash as when they perform a perfect stunt.

My two daughters are young and as long as they have a good coach who will stress safety first, I think it might be a good thing for them to learn.  My eldest daughter is already a competitive swimmer and I know that she would love to branch out into snowboarding also.  We have talked to her about what she might like to do and since swimming is primarily a spring and summer event this might be something she would want to take up in the winter.  If so, we will be one of the cars with a snowboard rack on it.

The youngest girl is a bit imitator of her older sister.  She always wants to do what sister does and is her biggest fan at swimming competitions.  I don’t know if 4 is too young to start this type of activity, but when is too early and when is too late?  I know that if we take it slow with her she can excel at anything she tries.

I don’t know if I can get my husband on a snowboard or not, as for me? Well I want to try.  Even if I am just going down small slopes, it will be fun.  What do you think?  Please let me know your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... [ Tagged In ]

32 Responses to “Snowboarding For My Kids”

1. genny says:

i have watched snowboarding on television and I can tell it is fun and nice adventure. It would be nice for the kids/young ones to have tried it while they are young. Wonderful experience for sure. For me, I dont have that courage to do it. I just scared to fall or broke my rib/arms. haha! So, have your kids try it!

2. kim says:

sounds like real fun!

3. anygen says:

Hi sis, tnx for dropping by comment on my fairy post. Snowboarding is fun but I am so scared I can manage in skiing now but still falling sometimes. It is hard to balance… But fun.

4. Rcel says:

Mommy Anne, come on over na kay winter na diri. Perfect season to go skiing. I bet your kids will enjoy playing in the snow! 🙂

5. SassyChick says:

Snowboarding is indeed a fun sports but it is kind of dangerous too. It would be nice to try it though.

6. I watch a few videos of snowboarding even movies and it looks fun and interesting but cannot do it even hubby cant. Maybe you can do it my dear.

7. Nova says:

that is awesome, i wish we are live closer to the beach i could be doing that for my kid too…would be fun

cool! I’ve never tried snowboarding before…just country skiing.

9. Joy H says:

Snowboarding sounds like an adventures, i never had an experience snow boarding before. I wonder what it feels like!

10. We love to go sledding in the winter Momi Anne but not snow boarding 🙂 It looks very fun though and hope that you can spend playing with the snow too. The girls will love it as long as they are bundled-up 🙂

11. Poray says:

i say, as long as the kids are into it and you are comfortable with them doing the sport then you should go for it.. make it a family affair, if nothing else..

12. yay! That is exciting..GO Go Go !! never miss the chance to try something that is would be soooo fun,or you’ll miss it in your whole life, what ya think?

13. jheylo says:

i see that a lot here too especially that we live nearby the beach and lot of surfer goes to the beach, with that kind of storage, rest assured that their wakeboard is safe and secured while driving on the freeway or on the streets.

14. Cher says:

go for it mommy. snowboarding sounds fun! 🙂

15. Kulasa says:

Snowboarding hmmmm sounds exciting! go go go! life is too short to spend just imagining things instead of experiencing them…just do take the necessary precautions though because health is wealth 🙂

16. Josie says:

You wouldn’t know if you won’t try 🙂 snowboarding sounds exciting!!!

17. marie says:

snowboarding is fun although you can try but scary to handle if you did not know how to balance.

18. Marie says:

You’re lucky to have suck kids. I guess, kids nowadays are very talented and they already know what sports or team they belong.

Snowboarding seems fun. If only, there’s a winter season in The Philippines! 😀

Snowboarding, ah not my cup of tea. Mas okay pa ang Skiing. Nevertheless, it looks like a fun activity.

20. Aggie says:

Risky sports are not my cup of tea – Im such a scaredy cat.

21. Give a try, you’ll never know until you try.I like to try new things and decide if it is for me or not.

i love to photography snowboarders and skiers (as fun), tried once but will not try again, the sport is obviously not for me, love snowshoeing though, since it just simply extends my capacity to go hiking when the slopes are deeply covered with snow. a lot of climbers would go snowshoeing climbing up, then, go skiing downhill, I somehow, cannot take the exhilaration of very fast downhill 🙁

Snowboarding and wakeboarding are both extreme action sports. It’s good for the adventurous people. Sure it’s lots of fun. And for those enthusiasts of these sports, wakeboard storage rack is definitely a must have 🙂

visiting here again!

25. Gee says:

I don’t like snow, lol….it makes me sick for several days and yet I can’t help but go out and play with my kids in the snow.

26. Nova says:

that would be fun, i can’t wait to try snow boarding someday… i have to gain more self-esteem though before that happens…

27. if only we had snow in pinas.. i’d sure love to try it out. thanks for sharing! 🙂

28. cheerful says:

go lang ng go sis, i am sure your girls will excel din in snowboarding kasi you and your hubby’s so supportive to them when it comes to sports. 🙂 goodluck, can’t wait to hear more stories about your girls.

29. someday I wanna try snowboarding in korea! 🙂 its sounds fun n exciting 🙂

30. emzkie says:

i would like to experience skiing and ski boarding. there is one here in our area called ski top mountain. but i think we will just go for snow tubing with the kids.

31. Snowboarding is always fun but not everybody can do it. Maybe one day.

32. emzkie says:

hello back here again.. thinking about snow boarding makes me want winter to be here already.