It’s no secret that golf is an expensive sport. Greens fees can run into the hundreds, and renting a cart is more expensive now than ever. If you’ve ever complained about just how expensive these things can be, then just wait until you get a look at some of the wildest sets of golf clubs in the world. Nothing is more important than having a good quality club, so maybe it makes sense that some people aren’t afraid to lay down the cash when it comes to what goes in their bag.
1) Honma is a Japanese firm that currently makes the most expensive set of golf clubs in production, which they market under the Five Stars brand. A custom 14-piece set will cost upwards of $32,000.
Some reports have suggested that Jack Nicholson and Danny DeVito both own a set of Five Stars. They’re still better known in their native Japan than in the USA, but the company might be able to attract some affluent Americans in the coming years.
2) Parsons Xtreme Golf makes some of the most expensive golf clubs that are currently on the market. While you might not find links to it on Bob Parsons Godaddy page, the founder of Godaddy actually does run the company.
A full 14-club set from Xtreme Golf can cost around $5,000. Even a single driver will cost $700. Nevertheless, they’re some of the finest in the industry. They can help provide a little forgiveness for miss-hit shots and have one of the best centers of gravity around. Some might say that these clubs are truly worth the price.
While they might feel delicate, one of these sets will hold up to a lot of golfing. That should make them popular with those who are very serious about taking their game to the next level. While Honma might have made a business out of making golf clubs that look good, it seems like Parsons Xtreme Golf has focused completely on performance.
3) Barth & Sons reportedly makes the most expensive single club in the world. The GoldenPutter is custom made in Germany, and each individual putter comes complete with a coating of 24 carat gold on the shaft. The club comes in a case made from genuine cherry wood. Buyers can have their name engraved on a golden plate placed along the putter’s inlay.
4) The First Lady Special Edition is another example of just how expensive a single club can be. It also boasts a gold shaft, but also features a completely pink leather grip. The head features a number of inlayed crystals, which brings the price up to somewhere around $3,000.
A few individuals have reportedly requested that the head be encrusted with diamonds, which brings the price to somewhere within the $150,000 range.
5) Adams Golf is a manufacturer of clubs with headquarters in Plano Texas. Their Tight Lies line of irons can run a golfer a bill of around $8,500. These clubs take after Parsons Xtreme Golf more than Barth & Sons, however. They’re designed to be extremely light and the high cost comes from the high cost of research that went into developing the irons.