It has been a week or more that I could not send Mj to her training. She’s not complaining at all since she is together with her best friend. But what makes me worried is that when they are on the way home. The weather is very unpredictable; it gets so hot in daytime and the rain pour so hard at night. I thought that there is no flood at all in the street but I am so wrong. Mj kept on complaining of the water rising up after the hard rain while they are on their way home. My daughter said that the water would even reach up to the high light of a standard car. But since they are riding a Jeepney and Jeepney obviously is higher than the car so of course the water will not get in. And for that they can still go home without being soaked in the rain. Mj even told me that good thing I am not driving her there because she is sure that I will be nagging about it and will not take a risk next time at all.
Unlike with her previous school, her school now is so supportive of her. Her Principal even announced that she will give 10 merits to those students who would watch her event. The reason why, during her competition last Sunday, the cheer went so wild when she is trying her best to swim fast.
Mj with her coach and her classmate
Mj saw her previous team mate in the event. It seems like nothing has changed even Mj did not already return to her previous team.
Mj and her previous teammates
Her best friend went there to witness her event too
The whole gang went there to watch Mj performance in swimming
As what I have mentioned before with my other blog, Mj got only less than three weeks of training, two weeks to be exact. She doesn’t want to go back to swimming but when her Principal asked her to do it, she can’t decide easily she want to say no but later on her principal was able to convinced her.
When she decided, of course I can’t just let her join the competition without training. So last month, I decided to have her back on training but we did not go back to our previous coach. Her school has a swimming instruction, and we decided to take him instead. He is not really a competitive coach, he teaches only swimming but he does well. He was able to let Mj concentrate with her training and there are times too that they do some exercise for her breathing.
Less than three weeks, I already told their Principal not to expect much because to get the strength back with just two weeks of training will not be enough.
But knowing Mj, she has the drive to compete. Even it is hard when she determined to do it she can especially with the support that she got from her Principal, classmates and teachers. It was overwhelming.
She got too nervous.
When I called her during the competition, her voice was so low I know that she is freaking nervous so I told her to just enjoy and have fun.
When I arrived, her teacher then told that she was able to qualify. They are so proud of Mj’s performance. She was not able to hit the first place but she did it. She was rank 3rd and definitely she got it.
Congratulations Mj, I am so proud of you!
I planned to at least take a half day at work tomorrow since it is my eldest daughter inter-school swimming competition but sad to say I can’t anymore since I had a total of 4 days of absent when Faith was sick and I was too. Good thing that Mj can go to the venue by herself, she said she knows how to go there. And one of the teachers also represented herself to fetch Mj so she is safe. And besides I have some friends at the venue that can check for Mj from time to time. This is what I don’t like when I am working, I would miss big events of my kids just as these. If only the schedule for their competition is definite, I could have plotted to be absent so to make sure that I will be paid and my work will not be compromise but this is what we signed for; this is what our life now so I’ll just have to live with it. On the other note, I will fetch Mj from the venue at lunch. I hope and I pray she will be able to qualify on the next DCAA.